Cadet Advisory Council
Michigan Cadet Advisory Council
The Cadet Advisory Council is a way for cadets to voice concerns, ideas, or comments and make meaningful changes in Civil Air Patrol. Cadet representatives develop leadership skills while working with the commander on ways to improve the cadet program and Civil Air Patrol overall. It uses a formal council structure headed by a Chair and Vice Chair that oversee committees, proposal votes, and council rules of order.
The three main purposes of CAC are (CAPR 60-1):
• Provide a forum where cadets gain leadership experience at higher organizational levels
• Aid the commander in monitoring and implementing the Cadet Program
• Make recommendations to the commander for improving and running the Cadet Program
Each echelon (Group, Wing, Region, and National) has a council that reports to the commander with one primary and one assistant representative. Every squadron should have a primary and assistant representative to group and each group should have a primary and assistant representative to wing. Currently MIWG CAC meets once a month over teleconference on the last Sunday of each month.
CAC is the Cadet voice of the program and needs you.
MIWG Senior Advisor: Maj Ashley Thornton Murdock email@example.com
CAC Chair 22-23: C/1st Lt Matthew Stewart matthew.stewart@miwg.
CAC Vice Chair 22-23: C/CMSgt Grace Lemos firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more information about CAC? Look below for resources and see what MIWG CAC is currently working on:
- MIWG CAC Project Board MIWG CAC Project Board
- CAPR 60-1, Chapter 7: program guidance
- CAPP 52-19 CAC Guide (overdue for revision but still useful)
- Leadership in Committee: training materials for CAC representatives
Questions about CAC, please contact Maj Thornton Murdock the Michigan Wing CAC Senior Advisor